About the Course
Join Jennie Rayment as she introduces you to this beginners course on quilting, patchwork and appliqué.
Delve into the magical world of this creative craft; learn the essential steps that will stand you in good stead as you begin your journey. Start with cutting and preparation and a basic block then build your confidence with more techniques.
From traditional strip designs to Log Cabin and more modern creations, uncover the mystery of Half and Quarter Squares and play with shape and form, then take a sneak peak at the fascinating world of appliqué. Try your hand at simple stitching, explore bias and Stained Glass with a taste of Celtic and Shadow then experiment with the elements of machine appliqué in all its glory.
- 4 hour course split over 18 easy to follow classes
- Advert free!
- Learn at your own pace; pause, rewind and replay at your leisure
- Learn the essential steps of creating your own quilt, including traditional strip designs, log cabin, half and quarter squares and applique
- Try your hand at simple stitching
- Explore bias and stained glass
- Experiment with the elements of machine applique
- Build your confidence with more techniques
Jennie is a qualified City & Guilds teacher and author who is known internationally for her quick, simple and innovative techniques.
She has taught, and continues to teach, students of all ages and levels of abilities, some of which have gone on to achieve great merit at international quilt shows and others who have established successful businesses.
With Jennie’s expert teachings, you will discover, understand and put into practice all aspects of quilting, patchwork and appliqué.